Sunday 3 June 2012

Playtime with MUA!

 MUA 3-in-1 Contour Pen in Sage (£1.50), MUA Professional Eye Primer (£2.50), MUA Pearl Eyeshadow in shade 27 (£1), MUA Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (£1)

Last summer when I first started to read beauty blogs I decided to try MUA nail polish after seing a few good reviews (for the price) and my experience of the brand pretty much stopped there. A few weeks ago as I was browsing Superdrug I decided to look a bit further into the range and I'm so glad I did!
I bought this little bundle to get me started and each product I now use reguarly, the eyeliner and primer I use daily!

The 3-in-1 Contour Pens come in a lovely range of colours and are a little longer lasting than other sheer coloured eyeliners I've tried (Eyeko I'm looking at you!) in the past. They're nice to use every now and again to mix your makeup routine up and I'm going to get one in Smoked Plum next!

The Pearl Eyeshadow is something I didn't really think I'd get much use out of but it's a perfect shade for me as an everyday eyeshadow and is really pigmented! They also do a matte collection, shade 19 looks like a good one for filling in brows!

I've heard so many bloggers rave about the primer and I use it a lot more than I thought I would. I actually hesitated a little at getting this as it's one of the more expensive MUA products! I think I tend to get in a bit of a super saver mindset when shopping budget brands. But I'm glad I bought it, it glides on nicely and blends well and dosent crease like my old, far more expensive eye primer did!

The liquid eyeliner is my favourite product of the lot. I've been using models Own Hi-Definer Pro Eyeliner for a while now which you can see my post about here, and I love it, but this one is: a) far cheaper and b) dosent feel like you're wearing eyeliner whatsoever. It's not as easy to give a smooth line with the MUA one though, you have to allow a bit more time to get it perfect!

Overall I'm impressed with my MUA experience. I expected chalky fourmulas and badly pigmented shades if I'm entirely honest but I've been proven wrong. I'm still not sure if I would purchase any foundation or concealer from MUA as I'm quite picky and have a few fail-proof favourites but I would definatley stock up on eyeshadows/liners and there are a few blusher shades I like the look of. Budget brands seem to be really upping their game in such a huge market and with more and more consumers needing reliable, good value products and MUA are definatley up there in my books as one of the experts at this.

Have you tried MUA products? How do you rate the quality compared to other brands?


1 comment:

  1. I think some items of MUA are good, but then some of them aren't, i guess it's just a lucky dip!
    www.happyrebekah.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete